WHAT'S ON

2020 Man from Ironbark Festival will be April 11 at Stuart Town

Historical: The Cobb and Co. stagecoach heading into Stuart Town last year, carrying groups of passengers. Organisers of the 2020 festival are expecting another event. Photo: Amy McIntyre.
Historical: The Cobb and Co. stagecoach heading into Stuart Town last year, carrying groups of passengers. Organisers of the 2020 festival are expecting another event. Photo: Amy McIntyre.

Preparations are going well for the upcoming Man from Ironbark Festival, the event's organisers say.

The annual event is planned for Saturday, April 11.

Gordon 'Ossie' Moore, president of the Stuart Town Action Group Inc said he is part of a great team on the committee and that they were banding together to get the acts, entertainment and events ready.

Local support was also going well with Dubbo Regional Council coming on board with sponsorship, as well as the and Bodangora Wind Farm.

They are expecting anywhere between 2000 to 5000 people, from across the central west, attending the festival this year.

"There are people from Orange interested," Mr Moore added.

"Plus we're getting more people with an interest to help us out."

ALSO MAKING NEWS:

The family, friendly festival will include horse rides, stage coaches, plus buskers and a beard contest.

Profits raised from the 2020 event will go towards bushfire and drought relief, the STAG president said.

"It (raising funds) is to build the spirit of the community because the community is going through it all too," Mr Moore explained.

He said the 2020 Man From Ironbark Festival was about getting people together, enjoying themselves.

"And have that spirit there because at the moment it's very adverse with what's going on with the drought and fires," Mr Moore added.