Thanks to the generous efforts of the Wellington community, a young mother is on her way back to rebuilding her life after her house was destroyed in a fire.
In the early hours of September 9, Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) crews were called following reports of a house fire in Maxwell Street.
On arrival they found Tara Stanley's house well alight with the fire in one of the rear bedrooms and spreading to the roof.
The day after the fire, Fire and Rescue NSW station commander Mark Moroney spoke with the Wellington Times and said the blaze travelled through the roof and burnt out a section of it.
Fire had also spread to adjoining rooms, he said.
Ms Stanley and her two young children were thankfully not in the burning house.
ALSO MAKING NEWS:
But their belongings, including the children's school clothes, furniture and Ms Stanley's work equipment were destroyed.
"We're just devastated really. My whole life is gone," she said the day after the fire.
"My daughter is heartbroken...If we were in the house I just don't know (what could have happened), I'm just so thankful to be here today."
A Go Fund Me Page was immediately set up to help raise funds for the local family, with 111 donors raising a total of $8615, according to the online fundraising platform.
And on Sunday, more than $800 was raised through raffles and first try scoring raffles at the Wellington Cowboys game against the Bathurst Panthers in the Premiers Challenge.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.