Since the beginning of the 2019 school year a new program has been running at Wellington High School that aims to support young, Indigenous boys.
The Clontarf Academy is a not-for-profit organisation that helps young attend, school finish Year 12 and enter into employment.
There are over 100 Academies operating across Australia, and this year the local High School opened its doors to the program.
The Clontarf Wellington Academy held its official opening at the school on September 4.
ALSO MAKING NEWS: Battling rams sculpture voted as the winner in annual arts festival
Clontarf operations manager Mason Williams said it was an honour to help run the Academy with director Chris Daley.
"Both Chris and I now know first-hand the struggles that can come with attending with Indigenous High School boys," Mr Williams said in his address at the official opening.
"However in partnership with the school, we want to help the boys overcome any struggles they may face. It is a privilege to be a part of every single one of these boys lives each day..."
Story continues after the video....
Mr Williams said he and Chris have been lucky to watch the boys achieve and transform into amazing young leaders.
Some of the highlights that program has been a part of since commencing includes building relationships with Maranatha House, reward camps to Broken Hill, Sydney and Brewarrina, as well as attending the Clontarf Employment forum.
Just recently the Wellington Clontarf boys joined their Narromine counterparts for a trip to Sydney to participate in the annual Ross Kelly Cup, wich they won.
Wellington High principal Rod Cosier said the partnership between the school and Clontarf Academy was very much alive and well.
ALSO MAKING NEWS: RFS urges members to consider 'dry firefighting strategies'
Although the program was new to the school, Mr Cosier said within the first week it felt like Mason and Chris had been there a long time.
"I felt that they're entry into our school was totally seamless, after a fortnight all the staff knew them, respected them and as a result we had a really great start and it has continued," he explained.
Mr Cosier said attendance numbers have improved since the program started.
"Clontarf does have an impact on attendance and has done here at Wellington High School, we've still got more impact to make but I'm really thankful for everything they've done," he said.
The Wellington school principal said he was proud of the students and how they have embraced the program.
"They've become really important parts of our school whereas some of them I think before felt as though maybe they were on the outer, but they're certainly not on the outer," Mr Cosier said.
In his address, Mr Cosier added that he would also like to see a program for girls in the future.
Dubbo MP Dugald Saunders reiterated Mr Cosier's comments adding that the program will be "with the boys for life".
He said Clontarf is about enabling young people to be future leaders.