Precautionary Boil Water Alert for Wellington now lifted

Dubbo Regional Council Director Infrastructure Julian Geddes. Photo: File.
Dubbo Regional Council Director Infrastructure Julian Geddes. Photo: File.

After almost eight weeks, the precautionary Boil Water Alert for Wellington has been lifted.

Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) in conjunction with NSW Health lifted the precautionary Boil Water Alert on March, 25.

Dubbo Regional Council Director Infrastructure Julian Geddes said water treated at the Wellington plant had now returned to a level that consistently met Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.

"We have lifted the precautionary Boiled Water Alert effective immediately. Residents are no longer required to boil water in Wellington," he said.

"Both Council and NSW Health thank the community of Wellington for their patience during the precautionary alert.

"It was a challenging and unusual length of time required to return the town's water to acceptable standards."

Wellington had been on a Boil Water Alert since 5 February, after heavy rain and dust storms produced unusually high levels of turbidity in the Macquarie River and flows into the treatment plant.

After nearly a month of having to boil water, the precautionary Boil Water Alert for Geurie was lifted on February 25.