Man from Ironbark festival postponed due to coronavirus

Postponed: Last year's Man from Ironbark Festival was a huge hit with locals and visitors. Photo: Amy McIntyre
Postponed: Last year's Man from Ironbark Festival was a huge hit with locals and visitors. Photo: Amy McIntyre

Organisers of this year's Man from Ironbark Festival have made the unfortunate decision to postpone the April event, as part of the NSW government's measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

On March 19, members of the Stuart Town Action Group (STAG) announced on social media that they would be postponing the festival that was scheduled for April 11.

Earlier this month the federal government announced that social gatherings of more than 500 people are banned to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

"The protection of everyone's health and safety is of the upmost concern," the group stated on social media.

"We value your ongoing interest in this wonderful event and thank you for your understanding around issues outside of our control."

Gordon 'Ossie' Moore, president of the Stuart Town Action Group, said after holding a meeting, it was a unanimous decision to postpone the event.

He said they were on track to host more than 100 stall holders.

"So it would have been a good festival. But if we had that many, we go above the 500 (limit)," Mr Moore said.

Depending on how things proceed over the next few months, the group will look to hold mini markets in October.

Mr Moore thanked the Stuart Town Action Group committee, the volunteers, Dubbo Regional Council, Infigen Energy and the entire community for all of their support.

ALSO MAKING NEWS: