Last week saw a couple of big day's for the Club with Friday having Dugald Saunders announce the success of the Clubs NSW R3 Grant Application for "Refurbishment of the Club's Irrigation Pump System" of $191,000 followed by Saturday's "Hole in One" by Mitch Cusack, Medal of Medals Final, AGM and Presentation Night.
The Grant News (separate story) has resulted in a number of years Grant applications by Marie and Damien (whilst working at the Club) for Staged Irrigation Projects for the whole Course with Friday's announcement enabling the Club to commence in the New Year on the Stage 1 concept put up for this application.
Saturday's AGM saw a good number in attendance with
- Mitchell Spradbrow returning as President
- Fletcher Ivey - Vice President
- Marilyn Watts - Treasurer
- John Donnelly - Captain
- Norm Royal - Vice Captain
- Directors:- Elton Keeffe, Luke Milgate and newly elected Doug Ney and David East.
- Honorary Secretary will be announced by the Board at their first Meeting tonight.
A huge thank you to Mac Harvey and Daniel Baxter who didn't seek re-election along with Malcolm Payne and Jamie Gersbach for standing, with all four always be available to assist where and when needed.
Presentation Night: Congratulations on a great night with Captain John and side-kick Norm doing a fabulous Presentation with Ladies making sure everyone was well fed throughout the evening and guys assisting Marie with Bar duties.
One of the highlights of the night being the Maurie Lay Clubman of Year Award kindly sponsored by GSOH, being presented to a very surprised and humble Gae Drew who volunteers her free time to make sure the Club House is clean, thanking Sue Martin who assisted her on many occasions.
A huge thank you must go to the many Sponsors who donate prizes for Events throughout the year with all being recognised on Saturday night and in this Paper, Facebook and Newsletter each week their Event is held.
Medal of Medal winners:-
- A grade - John Donnelly
- B grade - James Drew
Day's Event - Individual Stablefordwith 45 players (5 visitors)
- John Donnelly 41 points
- Brent Eather 40 points
Stubberfield Toyota Nearest the Pins
- Third - Paul Hannelly
- Eight - Kevin Reid
- 14th - Malcolm Payne
- 16th - Hole in One Mitch Cusack, this is the third one this year, others being Fletcher Ivey and Malcolm Payne
Gersbach's Mechanical in two Shots - Rod McMahon
McDonalds Biggest Whack
- A grade - Elton Keeffe
- B grade - James Drew
Garry McNaughton's Eagles Nest - Mitch Cusack four Balls. Brent Eather's Encouragement Award - Elton Keeffe.
Ball Competition Winners: James Drew 40, David East, Ron Cowan 39, Mitch Cusack 38, Kevin Reid, Glenn Morgan (Mudgee), Luke Taberner, P Hughes all 37
Keirle's Pharmacy Summer Teams R5 Results: BP Ulti-Mates won over Maurie's Mates. Team WMC (formerly Printers Devils) won over Montefiores Maulers. The Byes over Dirty Dirt Diggers. Phoenix too good for Goodsorts and Soldiers Club over Hog Masters.
Saturday, December 7 events:
Soldiers Club Monthly Medal and point score
George Hollow - Putting
Keirle's Pharmacy Summer Competition R6
- Soldiers Club versus Montefiores Maulers
- Phoenix versus Hog Masters
- The Byes versus Goodsorts
- BP Ulti-Mates versus Dirty Dirt Diggers
- Team WMC versus Mauire's Mates
Ladies: Today see's the commencement of their Summer 12 hole competition 7.45am for 8am Tee, if wish to play earlier or by 8.30am after draw please arrange a partner or two.
This week we congratulate
- Sara Darney on her selection in the Bush Breakers Team for the National Country Championships in Toowoomba early in January, Sara is one of 4 Western Zone players selected.
- Wellington Public School Girls team on coming equal 3/4th in the NSW Lord Taveners Trophy KO Competition after losing their rain effected semi-final game against Newport PS on run rate.
U12s this Sunday will be competing in a T20 Round Robin Competition in Dubbo, Rob Dimmick will be talking with his team and parents regarding this
Saturday saw two games played and one forfeited game. Peckers versus Westside in Dubbo no result to hand. Farmers defeated Geurie chasing 128 with Will Martel 45. Geurie were best batter Leigh Dawson 58. Redfern's forfeited to Cowboys.
Saturday's draw see's Games at Geurie and Rygate
- 1pm Redferns versus Muckarounders - Rygate
- 4pm Farmers versus Westside - Rygate
Geurie are hosting Cowboys in two games throughout the day, one being a postponed game from earlier in season. Peckers having he bye. Saturday, December 14 will see the last of the 2019 rounds with competition being suspended for Christmas/New Year till January 11, 2020.
Juniors: 12B's Green recorded their first win over Newtown White. Five for 148 to 3 for 139 - well done to everyone involved. 12B's Red lost to Macquarie Blue seven for 226 to seven for 146 not abad effort with only seven players this week. 12A's has a good win over Cyms six for 149 to 46 - well done to all players.
12As - Wellington versus RSL Colts at Bob Dowling 1
12B Red versus Newtown Black at Lady Cutler South C
12B Green versus Newtown at Pioneer Wellington
Saturday, December 14 also being the last games until school returns with first games back scheduled for February 1, 2020
Diggers Swim News
The weather took its tool on our numbers last Tuesday (November 26) with thirteen senior members and eight Junior's participating.
The Edwards and Sheridan families shared the honours with Charlie Edwards taking out both the 25 metre and 50 Metre senior events while Bonnie Sheridan won both Junior events.
Five teams faced the starter in the Brace Relay with the Mother and Son combination of Charlie and Xandah Edwards winning the event being 1.01 outside their combined time.
New Members are welcome with the condition that you must be a member of the Wellington Soldiers Memorial Club. Membership remains at $2. Swimming will commence at 6pm sharp as we have an allocated time for use of the pool. Further information can be obtained from Terry Dray (0408294526) or Neil Miller (0438 359 348).
Results for Tuesday, November 26
- First Bonnie Sheridan + 0.15
- Second Xandah Edwards + 0.72
- Third Bella Sheridan - 0.96
- First Bonnie Sheridan - 0.20
- Second Isaiah Hill + 0.30
- Third Xandah Edwards - 0.66
- First Charlie Edwards - 0.03
- Second Janelle Frappell + 0.09
- Third Michael McLaughlin - 0. 63
- First Charlie Edwards + 0.74
- Second Michael McLaughlin - 0.88
- Third Nick Knowles + 1.13
- First Xandah and Charlie Edwards - 1.01
- Second Bella Sheridan and Nick Knowles + 1.06
- Third Mason Hill and Bonnie Sheridan + 1.73
By The Platypus