Wellington police arrest seven people in four days.

There has been a high police activity in Wellington resulting in seven arrests in four days with each individual to appear before the Wellington Court in the coming months. 

Orana Mid-Western Police District Acting Senior Sergeant Raymond Sewell said Wellington police had targeted known criminals in the area wanted on warrants and other offences.

“Police in Wellington will continue to proactively patrol the community and target known offenders. We have a responsibility to protect the community, a responsibility we take seriously.” 

“We don't apologise and will use all lawful tactics to target those in our community that seek to commit crime and make good people's live a misery.

“At the moment we have patrols of the community happening at all hours of the night and day, undertaken by marked and unmarked police cars, with uniformed and plain clothes police. The message is if you are in the community seeking to commit a crime we will catch you, it's only a matter of time.”   

On August 4 about 11pm police gained entry into a house in Arthur Street and arrested a 47-year-old Wellington man for drug matters and possessing house breaking implements and a 32-year-old female with possessing prohibited drugs. 

On the same night police arrested and charged a 20-year-old man in Swift Street after locating an amount of prohibit drugs on his person. 

On Sunday about 1.15pm Wellington Police attended the Wellington Correctional Centre and arrested a man visiting the centre who was found with prohibited drugs.

Police were also called to a Yeoval property on the same night where a 35-year-old Wellington woman was seen driving through a number of rural properties after allegedly trying to steal property from a farming shed. Police said she drove her car through fences and impacted with a number of cows. She was arrested and charged with nine offences. 

On Monday a 30-year-old Wellington man was arrested at Wellington Police Station after turning himself in. The man had been wanted for some time after threatening supermarket staff, and had been the subject of a number of police inquires at several addresses in and around Wellington. 

On Tuesday police arrested a 37-year-old Wellington man for bail offences. Upon attending Wellington police station he was informed he was under arrest. The man ran from the station into Maughan Street with several police in tow. He was caught by police a short distance from the station and charged.