Mt Arthur Reserve Trust and Yeoval's Alf Cantrell are community regional award finalists in competition supported by The Land newspaper PRIME7 and Commonwealth Bank and recognises the achievements of many community organisations and businesses contributing to the social, economic or environmental prosperity of their region within regional and rural NSW and the ACT. This year's three finalists in each Award category are:
The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Corporate Managers Award:
- Byron Bay Community Association - Byron Bay.
- Sunset Strip Progress Association - via Menindee.
- North Coast Holiday Parks - Urunga Heads and Morgo Street Reserve - Urunga Heads.
The Crown Lands Crown Reserve Trust Community Trust Award:
- Bega Agricultural, Pastoral and Horticultural Society Inc - Bega.
- Friends of the Tamworth Marsupial Park - Tamworth.
- Mount Arthur Reserve Trust- Wellington.
The Prime Super Community of the Year Award (population under 15,000):
- Nimbin Neighborhood and Information Centre Inc
- Tathra Mountain Bike Club
- Warrae Wanni - Muswellbrook South Public School
The Prime Super Community of the Year Award (population over 15,000):
Byron Bay Community Association
- Committee 4 Wagga - Wagga Wagga.
- Friends of the Regal - Newcastle.
The Dobija World Events and Tourism Award:
- Batlow Cider Fest.
- Brunswick Heads Old and Gold Festival.
- Canowindra Balloon Challenge.
The Peabody Environment and Landcare Award:
- Fingal Head Coastcare Inc.
- Illawarra Youth Landcare.
- Ray Thompson - Nyngan.
The Elite Coatings Regional Service Award:
- Alf Cantrell - Yeoval.
- Dianne O'Brien - Umina Beach.
- William Murray - Bulli.
Winners will receive either $5000 thanks to the Commonwealth Bank or a Television Advertising on PRIME7.
Each winner will also receive a magnificent trophy.
The Regional Achievement and Community Awards are proudly supported by the Land Newspaper, Angove Family Wine Makers and the Regional Australia Institute. The winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner Presentation on Saturday November 1 held at the Wagga Wagga RSL.