Last week I went back to visit the areas impacted by the terrible Sir Ivan bushfire. I thank our remarkable firefighting crews for their hard work and dedication to protecting our communities, and all the local residents who supported their efforts.
To support those affected by the Sir Ivan bushfire, grants of up to $15,000 will be provided to eligible primary producers to help with costs associated with cleaning up, salvaging crops and repairing damaged equipment. Further more information visit www.disasterassist.gov.au.
SUPPORTING LOCAL SPORT
I was pleased to be able announce $50,000 in funding last week under the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program. Under this program’s funding we aim to increase regular, on-going participation and active recreation. Sport is a huge part of our way of life, particularly in regional areas. The NSW Government recognises how important it is to our communities, for both social and health reasons.
Funding recipients in the Dubbo electorate are:
- $2500 for Wellington District Cricket Association to purchase of playing shirts and caps.
- $5000 for Outback Dragons Dubbo INC to purchase of a 20 seat dragon boat and associated items.
- $3000 to Western Rams Rugby League Incorporated for the Western Rams Representative Cluster 2017.
- $1800 for Narromine District Cricket Council to purchase a cricket drum roller.
- $14,470 for Dubbo Touch Association for the installation of a fixed sun shelter and bench seating at the River Bank Oval Precinct.
- $1126 for Dubbo Touch Association to purchase junior rep uniforms
- $4000 for Dubbo Field and Game Association Incorporated for the provision of a shipping container for equipment storage.
- $5000 for Dubbo Water Polo to purchase new equipment, and
- $13,104 for Dubbo Dirt Bike Club to upgrade of track and drainage at Morris Park Motocross Complex.
Investment into sport and sporting infrastructure is extremely important, especially in regional communities where sport helps bring communities together. Investment into sporting infrastructure is also important and it has been great to support local sport with small grants while also bringing investment into the electorate for major projects like Dubbo’s multi-million dollar Barden DCL Park.
Late last year I secured funding for Glen Willow in Mudgee for a $13,00 lighting upgrades, Mudgee High School received $20,000 to resurface their basketball courts and Gulgong Tennis Club was given $30,000 to upgrade their tennis courts. I will continue to promote participation in sport and continue to drive investment for Dubbo.